The demand for experts in accounting and finance is at an all-time high in our Age of Globalisation. The individuals who will gain most from this are graduates with the professional knowledge and skills given by CPA Australia. UNIRAZAK meets this demand by offering the Bachelor of Accounting (Honours) that requires the passing of the professional level segments of CPA Australia’s CPA Programme in the final year. This programme qualifies the fresh graduate as an accounting and finance expert who is certified by an internationally recognised professional body.
- Respond to the needs of the country for higher-level accountants, auditors and financial managers. Graduates of the programme generally will find placement in local and international CPA Australia’s firms; industries firms and government entities.
- Enable students to demonstrate competencies in the development, measurement, analysis, validation and communication of financial and other information.
- Develop students with the relevant analytical and critical thinking, oral and written communication skills which are relevant to their field of study.
- Expose students to the unique aspects of global accounting and business issues.
- Expose students with new developments in Information Technology relevant to prospective position they are expected to assume in the world of work in the area of accounting, auditing and finance.
- Expose students with activities that help them work in teams/groups.
- Provide the educational background for students to meet the educational requirements of various accounting certification examinations.
- Ensure the curriculum meets the requirements of stakeholders and maintains its international standards of the field and contributes for the development of the profession.
- Promote faculty’s or school’s competency through professional development schemes so as to help them compound their service to the community.
UNIRAZAK WAIKATO COLLABORATION
UNIRAZAK accounting students will enjoy the benefits of studying abroad without any negative impact or consequence on successfully completing the embedded CPA (Australia) professional examinations.
This is a twinning program in which UNIRAZAK students are to pursue two years of accounting program in UNIRAZAK and a period of 12 months in Waikato.
This is based on an academically robust structure of 2.0 + 1.0+ 1.0 (4 years). This structure allows for a UNIRAZAK candidate to enhance their learning with international study for up to 3 semesters without compromising the integrity of UNIRAZAK’s unique embedded CPA professional examination structure.
After completion of the third year at Waikato University, the student will be awarded with Bachelor of Business Analysis (Financial) majoring in accounting degree offered in the Waikato Management School (WMS).
This is a dual degree program in which students are awarded two degrees – Bachelor of Business Analysis (Financial) awarded by University of Waikato and Bachelor in Accounting Degree awarded by UNIRAZAK. Under this dual degree program students have to pursue an initial 2 years of study in UNIRAZAK, the 3rd year in Waikato and an extra final year in UNIRAZAK where students prepare for their CPA Australia professional examinations.
Admission with credit to Waikato Bachelor degrees will only be granted to UNIRAZAK students who have completed the first two years of the UNIRAZAK Bachelor of Accounting degree with a minimum CGPA of 3.0 and above.
In addition, students will have to meet the English language entry requirements for Waikato by providing evidence of English language proficiency, in the form of an IELTS or TOEFL examination scores.
The University of Waikato informally Waikato University, is a comprehensive university in Hamilton, New Zealand. It is one of New Zealand’s most modern and innovative universities, based in the beautiful river city of Hamilton, with a satellite campus in Tauranga. It has more than 12,500 students including close to 2,000 international students from over 70 countries.
Institutional Accreditation or Recognition :
- Ministry of Education, New Zealand
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International)
- Association of MBAs (AMBA)
- European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD-EQUIS)
UNIRAZAK MACQUARIE STUDY ABROAD PROGRAMME
UNIRAZAK accounting students have a unique opportunity of improving their understanding of accounting as well as English when they take advantage of the world class study abroad programme at Macquarie University in Australia. They will enjoy the benefits of studying in Australia and improving their preparations for completing the embedded CPA (Australia) courses in the final year at UNIRAZAK.
This is a twinning program in which UNIRAZAK students pursue the first two years of their accounting program at UNIRAZAK and then spend a year at Macquarie University in Sydney Australia.
This is based on an academically robust structure of 2.0 + 1.0 + 1.0(4 years). This structure allows for a UNIRAZAK candidate to enhance their learning with international study for up to 3 semesters without compromising the integrity of UNIRAZAK’s unique embedded CPA professional examination structure.
Admission with credit to Macquarie University will only be granted to UNIRAZAK students who have completed the first two years of the UNIRAZAK Bachelor of Accounting degree with a minimum CGPA of 3.0 and above.
In addition, students will have to meet the English language entry requirements for Macquarie by providing evidence of English language proficiency, in the form of an IELTS or TOEFL examination scores.