A Master’s degree from Universiti Tun Abdul Razak or its equivalent from an institution of higher learning recognised by the Malaysian Government or any other equivalent qualification recognised by the University Senate.
- There shall be no direct entry from bachelor’s degree level to doctoral degree level.
- Candidates with bachelor’s degree qualifications may apply to convert their candidacy to the doctoral degree programmes after a year enrollment of master’s degree subjected to:
- Having shown competency and capability in conducting research at doctoral degree level;
- Rigorous internal assessment by the University;
- Approval by the University Senate
All applicants are required to attain any of the followings before they are accepted for admission into the programme:
- A minimum score of Band 6.0 in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS)*; or
- A minimum score of 550 for a paper-based total or 80 for an Internet based total for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)*; or
- A minimum of Grade C in First Cambridge English (FCE) minimum scale 169, or B2 in CEFR, or Pearson Test of English (PTE 50-58) as required proficiency; or
- A recognized first degree undertaken in English medium; or
- Successful attainment of FCE minimum of Grade C (169) conducted by the Centre for Continuing Education (CCE) within 12 months from the date of entry with conditional offer letter.
Note: The validity period for IELTS and TOEFL is two years from the date awarded.