Advertisement Code: (N/345/7/0847) 09/20 (MQA/PA5269) 09/20
1 Year (Minimum),4 Years (Maximum)
4 Years (Minimum),8 Years (Maximum)
Intake: March, July, November
The Master of Public Policy is a holistic and integrated programme designed to achieve the following objectives :
The programme is designed with the aim to prepare students to develop competencies that will allow them to effectively serve the public interest. It also aimed to prepare students to gain expertise in managing, leading and bring about transformation in the public and not-for-profit sector. The program also aimed to develop students’ analytical and critical skills as well as ethical principles to respond to public policy issues; to appreciate and engage in ethical decision-making and to think critically about issues facing the public and not-for-profit organisations.
- To enrich and enhance capabilities and competencies of public and corporate sectors managers and leaders to deliver result to society and stakeholders
- To develop towering and world class public administrators, managers and leaders, who are competent and are highly ethical to lead and manage public affairs and national development.
- To prepare manager to take up position of high level executives to advance professionally in the career system.
Upon successfully completing the course, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate a commitment to the principles, ethical foundation and responsibilities of serving the public interest.
- Have an understanding of political institutions and processes, strategies, and skills associated with policy creation and adoption
- Develop the abilities required to formulate, implement, and evaluate public policies.
- Develop knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research techniques and apply appropriate methodologies to diagnose problems, evaluate public policies and projects and make recommendations for policy choices and courses of action.
- Develop the leadership skills and capabilities necessary for effective use of resources.
- Develop the skill in the application of economic analysis to questions of economic trade-off and policy choice and efficiency.
- Recognise the importance of professional development and continuing education.