Advertisement Code: (R/340/6/0586) 06/20 (A10974)
Intake: March, July, November
The Bachelor of Arts (Leadership) (Honours) is a holistic and integrated programme designed to achieve the following objectives :
- To create effective and efficient managerial leaders in the public and private sectors.
- To give students a deep, practical understanding of the relationship and differences between management and leadership.
- To provide students with the skills and knowledge to lead, solve problems and make changes effectively.
- To enhance students’ interpersonal and communication skills to enable them to function effectively and efficiently and contribute to enhance the performance of the public and private organisations.
- To enhance their understanding of cross-cultural management practices so that they can lead in multicultural settings and organisations.
- To guide students in developing their skills in performing leadership roles.
- To provide adequate foundation work in subject areas that are fundamental to a liberal, professionally-oriented education and to prepare for career objectives including graduate work.
- To ensure development of analytical and quantitative abilities and skills for defining and solving problems relevant to the public sector.
Why study LEADERSHIP
TARSOG’s Bachelor of Arts (Leadership) (Honours) enhances leadership skills to create a people-centred environment from which leaders and employees of organisations and their clients will benefit. For those who are working in the public and private sectors and looking forward to improve their leadership skills or working towards becoming managers, this programme can help them achieve their goals. The uniqueness of this programme lies in its comprehensive coverage of the theories and models of leadership and management and the use of the case method as part and parcel of the teaching techniques in connecting the students with the real world problems and solutions.
This programme will produce future leaders who possess noble personalities and are able to inspire others to change and transform themselves and their organisations from good to great. Students will gain learning experience that allows them to adapt themselves to the changing demands of the industry and the global environment as they will be imbues with multidisciplinary knowledge and skills which will create in them an innovative, creative, critical and open mind.
TARSOG’s Bachelor of Arts (Leadership) (Honours) is a unique programme specifically designed for full-time students, and is a three-year programme by coursework. In the final semester, students will be required to undergo internships and research projects in recognised agencies or departments in the public, government and private sector which aims at integrating theory and practice and to improve their leadership, managerial and interpersonal skills. Students will also be involved in organising related activities namely field trips, guest lectures, community development events, annual dinners and talks and recreational activities during the duration of the programme. All these practical activities will develop the students’ personalities, character, and managerial leadership qualities required for them to work effectively and efficiently in myriad organisations.